Friday, July 15, 2011

ANGEL


(Though the poem is about cigarette and it's addiction, I in no way encourage smoking)


The devil in disguise                     
Or maybe Godsend
But, she is what I have
My new best friend

She weakens my shell
She helps me to cry
She burns herself
But never asks me why?

As I draw her closer
My worries seem to cease
I close my eyes and relax
As she flows through me

I kiss her soft lips
I feel her warmth
The fire in body
Cools me down

Her kiss burns my lips
Her breath hurts my soul
But she does for a moment
Block the gaping hole

White like an angel
Heart, dark and dry
She helps me control
She gives me a high

But like all those
Who dare to come close
She exhausts herself
And burns to ashes
Like all my friends
She regrets being there,
and realises later….
That the flame on the wrong end of my cigarette
Is far greater….

No comments: