Friday, July 15, 2011

The Wishlist

If angel's were real
And wishes could come true,
I would look at a shooting star
And ask for something too.

I would want to not think,
Before I spent every dime.
I would want to not feel guilty,
After I've committed the crime.

If there were wishing wells
And a quarter with me to spare,
I would want to dream for once,
Instead of this nightmare.

I would want a hope,
That its gonna be al-right.
I would be happy to see at the end of this tunnel,
The ghost of a light.

If faeries were real,
And wands could do magic,
I would want a new life,
One a little less tragic.

I would want my dad back,
Into the world of the real.
I would want my family,
To share one happy meal.

If genies could give,
Whatever you may desire,
I would want salvation,
for my heart that's on fire.

I would want my sisters ,
To look up to me.
I would want my parents proud,
And not ashamed when they see.

If clovers brought good-luck,
The ones with an extra leaf.
I would want to put an end,
to my never ending grief.

I wouldn't want to wake-up,
When I sleep at night.
I would want my family,
To quit their fight.

If the devil came for my soul,
And he proposed a deal.
I would want to go numb,
Instead of this pain which I feel.

For once I would want to do,
As my heart may crave,
And not let life or a living,
Or responsibilities make me their slave.

But angels aren't real,
And faeries are a myth.
There are no magic wands,
To do miracles with.
Genies stay in their lamps,
And no grants from a well.
A clover is pretty-much useless,
And the devil, he seems happy in hell.

No comments: