Friday, July 15, 2011

Destiny's Rain

A familiar scent fills the air,
The world is full of a familiar sound.
I allow myself that rare smile,
I run outside, feet barely touching the ground.

Arms spread wide to embrace it,
For a moment I forget all the pain.
For it has returned, as it had promised,
The annual bliss, the year’s first rain.

I feel its tender touch
As I get drenched to the bone.
The angels cry for me,
They tell me I’m not alone.

A glorious scene unfolds
From the clouds, peeks a sun’s tiny ray.
Each drop is reassuring,
Every bead washes the agony away.

Sometimes Life moves so fast,
Centuries fit in one moment.
Or often it drags on along so slow
Like a second filled with many millennia’s torment.
I can rise, and shine like a phoenix,
From the ashes I can be reborn.
Put together the pieces of wreckage,
Stick together the life I’ve torn.
My war, it has continued far too long,
Peace should have its deserving turn,
But it won’t be that easy, nor as simple
Coz in its own flame, the phoenix shall burn.

And so the clouds darken,
The heavens are filled with gloom.
A cold hand grips my heart,
I suddenly long for that corner of my room.

The smell, the sound, the scene are gone.
My world it seems so tired and worn.
And all I feel and hear and see
Are the whispers of pale ghosts walking by me.

The rain-drops are not alone,
As they roll down my cheek.
I search the heavens above,
But no more in my ears the angels speak.

I hug myself in grim acceptance.
I live a life which I hate.
Storms rage when it rains in deserts
The perennial hiss, the undeniable fate.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Really lovely...you have fantastic metaphor.

Miss MonkeyMind said...

beautiful,it encapsulated all the elementary senses and each phrase had its own story to tell... the image at the background added to the serene feeling that the poem evokes...keep posting

aPOorV said...

thank you so much for your compliments and more so for taking the time out to read the poems...

Anonymous said...

hiya and welcome living-rhyme.blogspot.com owner found your blog via Google but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have found site which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your blog http://xrumer-service.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my blog. Hope this helps :) They offer best services to increase website traffic Take care. Jeremy

Anonymous said...

Heya just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let
you know a few of the images aren't loading properly. I'm not sure why but
I think its a linking issue. I've tried it in two different internet browsers and both show the same outcome.

Stop by my site Nike Air Jordan

Anonymous said...

propecia online propecia yahoo - propecia in the news